What is a Screen Guard?
A screen guard is a thin film or sheet of plastic that you can apply to your device’s display to help protect it from scratches and other damage. Unlike screen protectors, which sit on top of your phone’s screen and are prone to peeling off after some time, these thin sheets are applied directly onto the glass panel itself.
Screen guards usually come in packs of two or three pieces; one for each side of the phone (front, back) and one for its edges if necessary. They’re made from different materials like polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polyurethane (PU) or thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU).
Pros and Cons of Using a Screen Guard
- Increased protection – Screen guards can help to protect your device from scratches, dust and other elements.
- Improved visibility – If you’re like most people, then you probably use your phone in bright sunlight quite often. The glare from the sun can make it difficult to see what’s on your screen at times. A screen guard will help reduce this glare so that even if there are no clouds in the sky, you’ll still be able to see what’s happening on your device without straining too much effort or squinting too much!
- Reduced touchscreen sensitivity – While this isn’t necessarily a bad thing (it depends on how sensitive you are), some people may find that their device becomes less responsive after installing a screen protector because of how thick it makes things look compared with just using bare glass alone without any other material covering up parts.
Where to Buy Screen Guards
- Online retailers: There are many websites that sell phone and laptop screen guards online for various devices. You can search for them on Google and buy one that suits your needs.
- Local stores: If you want to buy a screen guard from a physical store, then this is one option available to you. However, keep in mind that the prices may be higher than what they would be online because there are no shipping costs involved when buying from an offline store.
- Manufacturer’s website: Most manufacturers offer their own branded phone and laptop screen guard products which come with different features and benefits than those available elsewhere online or offline
Types of Screen Guards
There are many types of screen guards available in the market. Some of them are:
- Tempered glass
- Privacy (also known as anti-peep)
- You can also choose matte finish, which is a type of screen protector that reduces glare and reflections on your device’s screen.
Click here – What Is A ATV Accident?
So, you have decided to buy a screen guard for your device. Congratulations! You have taken an important step towards protecting your phone and ensuring that it remains in good condition for as long as possible.
Screen guards are available in many different types of materials and designs, so it is important that you choose one that suits your needs. If you’re looking for something durable and long-lasting, then tempered glass may be right up your alley; but if all-around protection is what matters most to you (and who doesn’t want their device protected from every angle?), then plastic might be better suited for this purpose.
Whatever type of screen guard suits your fancy best–and whether or not there’s even room on the market for another choice–we hope this article has given some insight into what goes into making these products so effective at keeping phones safe from scratches, cracks and other damage caused by everyday use!