The primary objective of Communication Design is to create stunning, culturally relevant and compelling communication by incorporating elements of photography, graphic design, typography, illustrations etc. to convey information about product or service, endorse a brand, etc. thereby influencing & engaging the target audience, thus converting into sales. In order to communicate effectively, Communication Designer needs to understand the client’s requirements, the target customer, his psychology, what are his likes and dislikes, his buying behaviour, market context etc. Furthermore, he also needs an understanding of various media vehicles including traditional like electronic, OOH or print as well as modern like digital so as to reach out to the desired target audience with appropriate message.
He is a vital cog in varied disciplines such as animation, photography, game design, digital & print media, interaction design, film making, 3D artists, motion graphics etc.
Click here – What Is QRF?
- In order to be eligible to take entrance test for undergraduate course, it is essential to have cleared 10+2 or equivalent in any discipline with a minimum 50 % aggregate marks from an accredited educational board.
- On being successful in entrance test, the students are allowed appearance in group discussion and interview round.
- Students are allowed admission in the undergraduate courses as per merit in 12th Board exams, entrance test, group discussion and interview round.
- To be eligible to take entrance test for Masters’ Program, it is imperative to have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum 50 % overall marks. This is then followed by group discussion round and interview round.
- The successful candidates in all 3 rounds are eligible for admission to Masters Program.
Masters in Communication Design:
Masters in Communication Design Program must ensure guidance in the following:
- The professional degree and/or diploma furnished by college must be acknowledged both at domestic and global level, thereby allowing students with ample prospects for growth.
- The curriculum encourages student to comprehend their socio-cultural environment and accordingly develop strategies, thereby designing effective communication products, services, systems and experiences across various formats, media and situations.
- The curriculum equips the students with an understanding of art & design and are inspired to apply both convergent & divergent thinking while researching, observing, exploring & crafting visualisations. They gain capabilities to establish links between purpose, procedure, results, context besides methods of dissemination. In response to set briefs or self-initiated activities, the college encourages the students to generate ideas, proposals, concepts, solutions or arguments either independently or collaboratively.
- The course must promote fusion of communication, technology & art while building student’s capabilities in Sequential Art, Design Process, Typography, Graphics, Sketching, Elements of Photo, Video and Animation, Illustration, Branding & Identity Design, Motion Graphics, Image Processing, and Narration etc.
- The educational program must mentor students to excel in both traditional and modern digital medium.
- The program must assure that students acquire essential skills that enable them to apply design principles to a broad spectrum of communication impediments using varied forms & types of media. Furthermore, students must be equipped with proficiencies in a range of research methodologies, which will help them gain a comprehensive comprehension of target audience in their socio-cultural contexts and this enable them to devise innovative problem-solving strategies, besides conceiving effective communication systems, services, products, and experiences.