With the world adapting to digitization, there has been a rise in student registration for Artificial Intelligence courses. But what is Artificial Intelligence? Artificial Intelligence or AI refers to the phenomenon of machines displaying human intelligence. A common example of AI is robots, which are programmed to think and act like human beings. Other notable examples include chatbots, facial recognition software, self-driven vehicles, Siri, and Alexa. What makes AI especially useful are the features of automation, analysis, accuracy, and enhancement.
Is A Career in Artificial Intelligence Promising?
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a rise in computer science and information technology jobs by 15% from 2021 to 2031.
- The vacancy for individuals with required skill sets is high, and the number to fill up the positions is inadequate. Gartner‘s study reported a 270% growth in AI-related applications from 2015 to 2019.
- Artificial Intelligence jobs offer alluring salaries.
- The growth opportunities in AI are plenty and diverse. For instance, you may come across the roles of Senior Researcher at Microsoft, Research Scientist – Language Technologies at Spotify, Machine Learning Engineer at Amazon Web Services, AI/ML Software Engineer at Apple, and Data Scientist,with Experience in Research and Analytics in Nike.
- Some of the best-known brands recruit Artificial Intelligence professionals. The top companies that recruit individuals in this profile are Amazon, Google, Facebook, Clarifai, Deepmind, DJI, DataVisor, Apple, and Casetext. Other companies that hire candidates in the AI profile are Deloitte, Accenture, IBM, PwC, PayPal, IKEA, Fidelity Investments, Major League Baseball, Harvard Business School, and H&R Block.
- AI jobs offer career flexibility. You could either be a researcher, practitioner, or freelancer, consultant, or build your own artificially intelligent products.
- AI finds application in a multitude of dimensions. Examples of some such areas include sports, healthcare, education, agriculture, real estate, banking and financial services, media, marketing, e-commerce, gaming, retail, technology, national sand ecurity services. Therefore, you could easily switch your industry while being in the same role.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/8Pyy2d3SZuM” title=”YouTube video player” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share” allowfullscreen></iframe>
Click here – What Is A Career Criminal?
Listed below are the ten best job profiles you can work in after completing a course on Artificial Intelligence:
- Big Data Engineer – A Big Data Engineer creates an ecosystem to facilitate the efficient interaction of business systems. The primary job is to obtain trustworthy results from big data and generate and effectively manage big data for organizations.
- Business Intelligence Developer – A Business Intelligence Developer considers business acumen in addition to Artificial Intelligence. Using the substantial results from the simulated data that has been previously fed to AI and analyzing them, business intelligence developers can identify numerous business trends.
- Robotics Scientist – Artificial Intelligence is enabling automation in almost all industries as robots are seen to perform tasks efficiently. This will cause many people to face job losses. On the contrary, this is an opportunity for robotics scientists to boom because many major industries will hire them to program their machines.
- Data Scientist – Data Scientists collect relevant data from various sources. The data is then analyzed to arrive at tangible conclusions. These conclusions can be applied to various business-related issues.
- Research Scientist- If your fundamentals are strong in the fields of deep learning, machine learning, statistics, and applied mathematics, you can consider the role of a research scientist. As a research scientist, you will be required to conduct extensive research on machine learning and related applications.
- Product Manager – Data interpretation is a critical skill required in the role of a product manager. A product manager should be effectively able to identify issues in the operations of the business. This can be achieved by collecting data and interpreting the same. Upon identifying the problems, they should make strategic use of the data collected to resolve them.
- Machine Learning Engineer -Machine Learning Engineering is a good career choice for someone with a knack for Artificial Intelligence. ML engineers handle huge volumes of data and algorithms to make predictions.
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer – Artificial intelligence engineers develop, test and apply artificial intelligence models to solve problems. Proper management of AI infrastructure is an important skill set of AI engineers. AI engineers have a strong understanding of neural networks. Along with this, they also use machine learning algorithms to create AI models.
- Artificial Intelligence Data Analyst – Artificial Intelligence Data Analysts have to perform data mining, data cleaning, and data interpretation. Data cleaning is used for collecting and sieving the information required for interpretation.
- NLP Engineer – If you have a knack for artificial intelligence and language and communication skills, the job profile of an NLP engineer might interest you. Natural Language Processing or NLP engineers specialize in artificial intelligence and human language. This includes both written communication and oral speech. You may find such engineers in the fields of voice assistants, document processing, speech recognition, and so on. To work as an NLP engineer, you must have a degree in computer science, mathematics or statistics, and a specialized degree in computational linguistics.
Skills Required for AI Jobs
AI jobs will require you to gain both technical and workplace skills as well as some basic education requirements.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree coupled with certificate courses are essential.
- Strengthen your programming skills, data management, data analysis, statistics, and data acquisition skill sets.
- Gain knowledge of business acumen and industry trends.
- You will be required to solve complex problems and communicate them effectively within the team. Therefore, it is important to be a team player, an effective communicator, has strong problem-solving, analytical, management, leadership, and collaboration skills.
Robots are being used to perform routine activities such as assembling items, packaging, and customer services in the form of chatbots. Besides the job roles that have been enlisted in the article, there are other jobs too that involve artificial intelligence skills, such as Director of Analytics, Principal Scientist, Computer Vision Engineer, Computer Scientist, Algorithm Engineer, and Statistician. Therefore, it can be guaranteed that the importance and career opportunities of AI are bound to increase in the future.