Are you someone who has suffered from a noteworthy injury due to the negligence of another person? If yes, you might be wondering whether or not it is necessary to hire a personal injury lawyer. One of the most challenging aspects is to determine whether or not the injuries are serious enough to hire a lawyer and who was at fault.
Never wait until the SOL or the statute of limitations prevents you from proceeding with the personal injury lawsuit case. Make sure you hire an Arizona lawyer who has had enough experience in handling such cases.
But if you’re concerned about whether you can pursue a personal injury case without hiring an attorney, here are a few situations that might call for a DIY attempt.
When there are no injuries
There are accidents where the damage caused is entirely done to the property and not to the person involved. Such cases may occur when the accident happened during a time when no people were present in both cars. Generally, when no people are hurt in an accident or when there is no damage like broken bones, it might be what while pursuing your personal injury case on your own.
You just have to be careful about making the judgment of “ no injuries” yourself. something that seems harmless at the present moment might turn out to be a huge issue later on.
When appointing a personal injury attorney doesn’t make sense
There are certain personal injury cases where the recovery for a claim is so nominal that it doesn’t make sense in hiring an attorney and fighting the case. Suppose the damage was caused to the vehicle only and the vehicle involved in the accident was a high mileage used car with a very nominal book value, there is not much that you can do by hiring an attorney.
However, you might have to hire an attorney in the following cases:
- Hospital stay, broken bones, long-term health discrepancies
- Medical treatments that cost more than thousands of dollars
- Someone expired in the accident
- Missed more than 15 days of work and school
- Non-financial losses like pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and loss of companionship
- Multiple people were injured in the accident
- The accident occurred in a questionable location or near a construction zone
- The paperwork and documents don’t look accurate
- The insurance company representatives are playing a bad game with you
- Technical, legal, and medical details look complex
The injuries that use sustained due to the result of car accidents often lead to loss of money in the form of exorbitant medical bills. In fact, medical bills are the costliest consequences of a car accident. This is when you look for compensation so that you can cover your losses.
So, when can systematically pursue a personal injury case without the assistance of a legal representative, you should research the dos and don’ts before pursuing the case. Whenever you find complexities, don’t think twice before hiring a lawyer.