How Can A Garbage Disposal Help Your Pipes?
Garbage disposal machines play an important role in maintaining cleanliness and avoiding health hazards in many homes. Instead of having to force leftovers down the kitchen sink, the machine shreds them into tiny pieces and then passes them through the pipes. This way, your pipes won’t get clogged due to leftovers. Also, a garbage disposal system can help extend the lifespan of your pipes and save you the cost of repairing or replacing pipes.
Suppose you’ve decided to install this kitchen appliance; all you need to do is locate a Garbage Disposal Service | Staten Island | H&A Plumbing. There you will find experts who can help you. In case you have a faulty garbage disposal and you need garbage disposal repair, the experts can also help you fix it.
Keep reading to discover more ways your pipes can benefit from a garbage disposal system.
click here – 10 Creative Ideas for Making Accessories
Benefits Of Garbage Disposal
It Saves Time
A garbage disposal can help reduce the amount of time you spend cleaning your kitchen. The faster you can get rid of all that food waste, the less time you have to spend cleaning up after cooking. You also get to relax better after your meal.
It Saves Cost
Installing garbage disposal helps to protect your pipes. Therefore, you can save yourself the cost of repairing or replacing pipes frequently. You also save the cost of purchasing extra trash bags for waste foods.
You Have Less Trash
With a garbage disposal, you have a little trash to dispose of. The appliance takes care of leftover food, while you take care of paper and plastic. As a result, it saves you further stress
It Saves The Environment
Installing garbage disposal helps promote a greener environment because wastewater from the appliance can be a source of fertilizer and energy for plants.
It Reduces Kitchen Odor
No one likes to stay in a smelly kitchen. Garbage disposals help you eliminate leftovers and the odor that comes with them.
It Lasts Longer
The lifespan of garbage disposals differs; however, on average, they can last a decade. Hence, you won’t have to worry about disposing of waste foods for a long time.
It Prevents Pipe Leaks
The pressure on the drainage pipes often causes pipe leakage. The garbage disposal will help you solve this problem.
click here – Best Useful Holiday Gifts For Future Doctors
How to Enjoy Your Garbage Disposal
Even though garbage disposal has many benefits, it still has its limits, and you can only enjoy the benefits if you respect these limits. The following are some of the best ways to enjoy your garbage disposals and protect your pipes.
- Ensure water is running when you operate your garbage disposal. Water is what pushes the churned leftovers down the drain. So if you fail to run water while using the disposal, the leftovers will remain in the system, causing it to overwork.
- Protect your garbage disposal with a drain guard. This guard will help prevent unwanted items like bone, silverware, fruit pit or any other hard items that could damage your disposal from getting into the system.
- Ensure you run it daily. Keeping your garbage disposal idle for a long time shortens its lifespan.
- Avoid feeding your garbage disposal with oily foods, bones, meat, starchy foods, fibrous foods, and non-food items.
- Avoid putting anything stringy in the system. Stringy items like long celery stalks can get tangled with the disposal blades. This will stop the blade from running or even break the blades.
- Never put your hand in it without turning it off. This is because the disposal is equipped with sharp blades that could cut your hands. So whether you want to clean the machine or you want to remove something from inside it, always make sure it is totally turned off.
Regular Maintenance Tips For Your Garbage Disposal
Your garbage disposal is an essential part of your kitchen, but it’s also a machine that needs regular maintenance. Here are some tips for keeping yours running smoothly:
- Clean your garbage disposal at least once in two weeks.
- Ensure you turn off the disposal before cleaning.
- Avoid cleaning with harsh chemicals.
- Run ice or cold water through it regularly.
- You can use citrus as a freshener.
- If you notice any blockage, call a plumber to unclog it.
Like every other home appliance, a garbage disposal can experience wear and tear with continuous use. When you notice this, ensure you invite the service of a professional plumber to examine and fix the issues immediately. With this, you will enjoy long-lasting pipes and save yourself avoidable stress.