Are you hosting a seminar or maybe a large-scale conference in Los Angeles? Whichever it is, you definitely need one thing: a projector rental. Time and again, projectors are the go-to displays for a variety of events. And with a wide range of rental options in LA, you can easily find one with the right features to match your presentation.
Still, one thing that event planners often ask is this: how much is it to rent a projector?
In this post, we’ll give you a quick rundown of the projector rental cost, factors affecting its price, and what you can do to save some bucks. Read on to learn more!
Why rent projectors instead of buying
If you’re hosting a conference, seminar, meeting, or workshop for the first time, you’ve probably considered buying your equipment upfront. Sure thing, this is a good decision if you’ll regularly host presentations. But if it’s just a one-time thing, then you’re better off paying for a projector on rent in LA.
Here’s why you should consider renting:
- Cost Savings. In the long run, renting a projector will save you a ton of money. Aside from the lower upfront cost, you’ll spare your pocket from buying replacement lamps and getting the unit repaired. At some point, you’ll have to upgrade to a newer projector and the cycle of expenses will just go on. But with rentals, you won’t have to think of any of this.
- Flexibility. The best thing about renting a projector is you’ll access a wide range of options. You can also pick the unit based on the requirements of your venue without worrying about the cost of upgrades. Whether you need a standard projector for a small meeting or a 31k-lumen unit, you can easily find a rental for it.
- Access to professional equipment. When you rent a projector, you don’t have to spend a fortune just to get a taste of professional-quality displays. You can rent a unit with advanced features for a fraction of the cost of buying them. This is a big advantage for small businesses or even individuals who want to host an event in LA.
- Technical Support. Consider this: if you buy a projector, you’re on your own with the technical setup. But when you rent one, you can also ask for onsite technical support. Many rental companies can set up and operate the projector during your event, so you don’t have to worry about anything.
Types of Projectors Available for Rent
When it comes to projector rental price, the main factor you should consider is the type of unit you need. Usually, you can choose from these three major types:
1. LCD Projectors
LCD or Liquid Crystal Display projectors work are the most common type you’ll see in the market. It produces good image quality and color, which is perfect for most presentations and other applications. It’s also more affordable to rent, but take note that it’s not the best choice for big venues with hundreds of guests.
2. DLP Projectors
DLP or Digital Light Processing projectors will give you better contrast ratios. It also has a better motion display compared to traditional LCD projectors. So if you plan to show fast-moving content like animations or videos, this might be the perfect choice.
3. Laser Projectors
Laser projectors are the latest options in the market. It uses a specialized laser technology compared to traditional lamps that get burned out after some time. With this, you’ll get the best color accuracy than LCD or DLP options. Aside from that, this is your best bet for large events where you need to show media to a big audience.
If you don’t know which type is best for your event, you can always consult a rental company. Their technicians can help you pick the right unit based on how you plan to use it. Aside from that, they also recommend whether you need additional accessories to go with your projector rental.
Factors Affecting Projector Rental Costs
Aside from the type, there are also other factors that dictate your projector rent price in Los Angeles. So before you book a unit, you should check the following aspects to know exactly how much to rent a projector:
- Rental Duration. Are you renting for a day or a whole week? The answer to this will directly affect the total cost of your rental. You should check how long your event will run, so you can calculate the total cost accurately.
- Availability. If you’re renting a projector during peak season, expect the cost to be higher. This high-demand season in Los Angeles usually happens when there are many trade shows, graduations, conferences, and other events happening at the same time.
- Projector Specifications. The features of your preferred projector will pretty much dictate how much is it to rent a projector and screen. Obviously, high-end units will cost more to rent compared to basic models.
- Additional Equipment. Projectors go hand in hand with a screen. This means that you also have to factor in a screen rental to your budget. In that case, you’ll save more money when you book a projector and screen rental package instead.
How much does it cost to rent a projector in Los Angeles?
How much to rent a projector for a day, you ask? In LA, you can expect it to be around $150 for a standard 3000-lumen unit. This projector is already a good option for seminars and small venues.
But if you need something with better features, you should expect to spend roughly $200 to $700 per day. With this price, you’ll have a wider range of brightness, clarity, and image quality. It’s already suitable for mid-range venues and if you’re hosting several dozen guests.
However, if you need a high-powered projector for a conference or trade show, you should be ready to spend $4,000+ per day. With this budget, you can get a 31,000-lumen unit that can produce images as large as 600 inches.
What about how much to rent a projector and screen? You have the option to rent each piece of equipment individually or request custom pricing from the rental company.
The good news is that many rental companies are willing to give discounts if you’re renting for more than one day. Make sure you ask about this to help you save some money, especially on long-running events.
Tips for Saving Money on Projector Rentals
When it comes to projector rentals, there are many ways for you to save on the costs. Here are some of the saving hacks we swear by:
- Book as early as possible. You can save a lot if you’ll book your projectors outside of the high-demand season. This way, you can take advantage of off-season pricing, which can give you hefty savings, especially if you’re renting a high-end unit. This will also save you from the high cost of last-minute rentals.
- Negotiate your rentals. If you’re hosting a big and multi-day event, don’t hesitate to negotiate the cost of your rental. As we’ve mentioned earlier, rental companies are willing to provide discounts if you’re renting for extended periods.
- Compare your options. When renting a projector, you should request quotes from multiple providers. This way, you can see which one offers the best bang for the buck in Los Angeles.
Selecting the Right Projector Rental Company in Los Angeles
Aside from the projector you need, it’s also crucial that you pick the right provider where you’ll rent the unit. Here’s what you should do first before booking a rental:
- Research for reliable providers. First, you can make a shortlist of rental companies that offer projectors and screens. Search them up online and read reviews from their actual clients. From there, you’ll gauge the quality of their rentals and the support they can give your event.
- Check equipment quality. It’s not enough that the rental company is well-reviewed. They should also live up to the hype with their quality inventory of projectors. Don’t hesitate to contact your choice of provider to inquire about the projectors they offer.
- Request quotes and compare prices. A reliable projector rental company will not hesitate to give you a free quote for any of their units. This way, you can see who offers the best deals, especially if you’re renting the unit for multiple days.
When renting a projector, you should focus not just on the cost, but also on the features that you need. This way, you’ll give your guests the best viewing experience and your event will leave a lasting impression.
Wherever you’re planning an event in Los Angeles, make sure that you choose your rentals wisely. Compare your options and don’t hesitate to discuss your event requirement with the provider of your choice.