Java is one of the most versatile, robust, and reliable programming languages capable of developing mobile apps, web apps, enterprise apps, and custom software solutions from scratch. Moreover, Java programming language dominates all industry markets and is a key enabler of digital transformation for companies in finance, trading, healthcare, government, education, and other important industries. Due to all these capabilities of Java, there is an unparallel rise in demand to hire Java developers. This seldom proves the capabilities and flexibility of Java as a programming language.
Why do most industries prefer Java?
Java has many impressive features and functionalities, such as platform independence, ease of use, robustness, and security features, making it an ideal choice for most industries looking to create or upgrade their digital products and software solutions. Let us break down each reason in greater detail –
Java programs can run on all operating systems or hardware devices using Java Virtual Machine, saving significant resources and time.
Java follows OOPs programming, which allows developers to build a modular, reusable, and secure Java app architecture that is easier to maintain and work upon.
Java is known for its robust performance capabilities, which only improve with time passing by using just-in-time compilation and runtime optimizations.
Java is strongly committed to backward compatibility, which many programming languages have limited support for. Java’s backward compatibility makes it easier for industries to update their legacy systems in an incremental and calculated method.
Java has some of the most robust frameworks, like Spring, Jakarta EE, and Hibernate, built to develop scalable, secure, robust, and future-ready enterprise application solutions.
Reliability and Resilience
Java is the most future-ready programming language and one of the most reliable at the same time since it’s been powering enterprise applications from different industries for over a decade now. It also has impressive features like built-in memory management, exception handling, and other security features.
Top Industries that Use Java in 2023
Now that we understand what makes Java capable of powering enterprise apps across various industries, let’s see which industries use Java and how Java helps improvise on their custom software solutions. Let’s dive right into the list-
Java can be used for creating various healthcare software solutions across different platforms. You can use it to create EHR – electronic health records, hospital management software, telemedicine platforms, media imaging applications, and telemedicine platforms. Since Java can handle complex data structures, proper security measures, and compatibility with various healthcare standards like HIPAA, GDPR, HITECH Act, JTC, ISO, and more, it is an ideal programming language for the healthcare industry.
Key Features that Make Java Ideal for Healthcare Software Solutions
- Security and Privacy with compliance to HIPAA and other standards to ensure patients’ record confidentiality
- Java also supports healthcare standards like DICOM and HL7, allowing seamless integration and data exchange between devices and healthcare systems.
- Java’s scalability allows healthcare enterprise software to store, manage and handle large sets of patient and medical records and handle other complex data processing tasks easily while maintaining security at all times.
- Java is modular, which makes it easier for Java developer teams to work on large-scale and complex healthcare software solutions.
Popular companies in Healthcare Industry use Java
- Epic System Corporation
BFSI – Banking, Financial Service and Insurance
Java is popular in leading software solutions for leading banking, financial, and insurance companies. This sector requires special attention to security, ease of access, and multiplatform support to ensure that customers can access their banking operations from any device on the go and make sensitive transactions without worrying about data breaches or exploiters looting their accounts. With Java, you can create robust, scalable, secure trading systems, risk management platforms, payment gateways, and custom banking software.
Key Features that Make Java Ideal for Banking Software Solutions
- Java has platform independence that allows banking systems to create apps that run on various operating systems and hardware platforms. Hence, users can easily access their banking operations from a Mac, Windows, Linux, desktop, tablet, mobile phone, or any other operating system and smart device.
- Java is highly scalable, which can bank applications to scale or descale their app’s capability of handling requests, storing records, and accommodating the growing levels of transactions without any performance bottlenecks and reduced chances of downtime.
- Java has built-in management and security features that can provide a more stable environment for handling customer data and financial data.
Popular Companies in Banking Industry Using Java
- JPMorgan Chase&Co.
Many e-commerce sites are powered by Java, even though worthy competitors dedicatedly provide e-commerce services. Building ecommerce products on Java ensures scalability, security, and highly performance-oriented app solutions. Utilizing the large ecosystem of Java framework and libraries, developers can easily implement complex business logic, process payments, manage inventory, and ensure the transactional security of payments.
Key Features that Make Java Ideal for eCommerce Software Solutions
- Java is highly scalable, allowing e-commerce sites to handle more traffic, and payment requests, create and maintain more product catalogs and handle concurrent user activities and interactions.
- Java adapts a flexible object-oriented programming approach that promotes reusability and modularity in code, making it easier for Java programmers to develop and maintain complex healthcare systems.
- Java can integrate your healthcare systems with reliable and popular third-party services in the healthcare industry.
Popular Companies in the eCommerce industry use Java
Media & Entertainment
Java plays a crucial role in the media and entertainment industry by providing a versatile and capable platform for developing various media-related app solutions. You can hire dedicated developers in Java programming that know how to utilize Java’s various features and functionalities to develop innovative media software solutions to cater to the industry’s dynamic and ever-changing requirements.
Key Features that Make Java ideal for Media and Entertainment Software Solutions
- Java’s platform independence allows developers to create media and entertainment app solutions to work on various platforms and devices, a required feature of entertainment apps in today’s market.
- Java has many reliable, popular, and functional libraries and frameworks for handling media operations like audio/video playback, multimedia processing, streaming, image manipulation, etc.
- Java easily integrates with web technologies, making building web-based media apps and platforms much easier. You can create highly interactive websites, online streaming platforms, and other solutions using servlets and robust Java frameworks such as Struts, Springs, and Hibernate.
- Java has robust performance and scalability capabilities like JVM runtime operations and HotSpot that enhances media and entertainment apps to handle real-time data processing better and maintain a smooth user experience with increased traffic and concurrent users.
Popular Companies in Media and Entertainment industry use Java
- NASA WorldWind
These are the top industries where Java is predominantly used to power custom software solutions ranging from basic-level apps to complex enterprise-level projects. Hire dedicated developers from a trusted Java development agency to leverage Java for your next project and bring your million-dollar idea to reality.