Buying a new car is a wonderful feeling. It is a dream come true for many. The first thing an individual would want to do post-purchase is go on a long drive. But from the safety point of view, there are a few more things you must do soon after purchase. To begin with, you must purchase a suitable four-wheeler insurance policy for your car, such as third-party insurance, comprehensive insurance or a more expansive coverage basis your needs. This will safeguard you from any legal trouble in the future and act as financial support in times of vehicle damage if any.
What is a Temporary Registration Number?
While getting an insurance policy is important, another critical thing to do once you’ve finished the purchase process of your new vehicle is to obtain a temporary registration number. A temporary registration number is a unique number that helps identify a brand-new car which is yet to be registered permanently by the Regional Transport Office (RTO). It is valid for one month. The Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 mandates every vehicle to have a permanent registration number. But, since a new car would get its registration number issued in due time, the car owner should obtain a temporary registration either with the help of the showroom/dealer or obtain one themselves.
Steps to obtain a temporary registration number
Following are the steps you can take to apply for a temporary registration number plate yourself:
- Download and fill-up the Form 20.
- Submit the form to the authority (RTO) under whose jurisdiction the vehicle falls.
- Collect the required documents.
- Make the payment of fees and tax as mentioned in Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989 for temporary registration.
- The RTO will then issue a temporary registration number for your car.
click here – How Can Geospatial Analytics Benefit Your Business
The required documents for getting a temporary registration number are:
- Application Form 20.
- Application Form 22 – Road Worthiness Certificate details (this states that the vehicle has cleared all the required tests to be able to run on the road).
- Application Form 21 – Sales Certificate (having all the purchase-related details)
- Address proof (includes electricity bills, Ration card, etc.).
- Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUCC).
- Valid insurance certificate.
- Copy of PAN card. In case you cannot provide the PAN card, form 60 and Form 61 would do.
The fee for temporary car registration varies from state to state, so do check the fee for your state and pay accordingly. Moreover, even though the validity for a temporary plate is one month, you can apply for an extension of the same. But remember that the limit for the same is a maximum of 2 times. You’ll have to pay a penalty fee on the second extension as per the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989.
A new vehicle is very precious for its owner, knowing that Chola MS offers its extensive four-wheeler insurance that makes protecting your car simple and hassle-free! Visit the website to learn more about this insurance policy which acts as a shield at all times for you.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit OwnerSites
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit PetsBee
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit PopularWeby